1) D. Studies show small backyards can retard sales, as can swimming pools and overly large backyards, due to maintenance concerns.
2) E. More people don’t like the hassle of stair-climbing than appreciate the exercise; big, ambitious renovations seldom return the investment; big or small backyards: same as above.
3) C) Shopping around for the best insurance offer is always wise; but appliance warranties generally don’t return their cost; paying a gardener vs. doing yard work yourself is often a financial loser (I disagree with the NAR on this one—for many busy Utah County homeowners, pro gardeners are worth their weight in gold); big yard improvements should wait until you’ve experienced all four seasons
4) E this was the easiest to guess: A) expect home prices to rise B) expect 1.9% more homes to be sold C) the pace of sales is expected to quicken D) West Coast should lead in home sales
5) A and D. The most common first-timers’ regrets are paying for too much spare closet space and seldom-used formal dining rooms.